I feel like I’ve been repeating myself a lot lately. I keep saying these pictures are of the farm “in progress”, of the flower farm “in progress”, of the house “in progress”, etc.
And yet, I say it again. The following is a image-driven recap of the PROGRESS being made around The Blueberry House! There may be quite a few more of these posts, but I told myself I wouldn’t do just a before + after post. That’s not reality.
I don’t want to bore, but it’s important to me to document the mundane, tedious and difficult parts of this beautifying journey.
And so, I give you In Progress: Part 2
My dad is a rockstar. We found out we had to first kill the grass where we wanted the flower garden, then till, then add soil, then add a fence, then add landscape fabric and THEN plant. Ufta. He came over to help me prep and kill.
Killin’ them weeds like the gangsta I am.
After spraying the weed-killer, we laid out heavy, black plastic to block out sunlight and prevent future growth.
After spraying and rolling, we hauled large quantities of railroad wood timbers to hold down the plastic on the edges. It was an ALL-DAY job.
Then, we waited about 2 weeks for the grass to die.
Stay tuned to see the results.
Meanwhile, inside the farmhouse:
The floors got done!!!! YES!!!
We decided to drywall the back rooms instead of keeping all of the shiplap. There was no insulation and many of the boards were ruined and would’ve had to have been replaced. However, I couldn’t do NO shiplap, we left one statement wall in each room.
Next came painting and stripping that AWFUL blue, peeling wallpaper/glue/pain in my booty material on the shiplap walls.
Luke then added new boards where needed and we charged on to staining. We decided to stain the office wall a deep, black walnut color. This isn’t the finished product, but we think it came out pretty, stinkin’ nice!
Lastly, we (finally) finished up stripping the bath tub and Luke went ahead and repainted it. We are now awaiting our contractor to come and put our guest bathroom back to together!
Ahhh, the potential is forming! We’ve done a lot more work even since these pics were taken…looking forward to showing a few “more finished” products in a future post.
Until then, thanks for sharing in our blueberry-fueled adventure!